Kampong is …
- Traditional settlement which exist in both urban and rural areas
- Sub standart settlement
- Sub standart life style
- Rural type settlement
Local Initiative and development process …
- Reanimating the effort batik in that area.
- Reanimating Kauman as a moslem village.
- Developing Kauman as a tourism village
Non Physical development:
- Improving people awareness about the potency of their area
- Promotion to global society through mass media, and participation to seminar/exhibition /discussion.
Making Detail Engineering Design of settlement utility and heritage walk (Marga Lestari) executed in handling of physical phase-1 Kauman
- Batik regular monthly bulletin
- Batik community already has a legal entity
- Make business loans with savings and loans
- Natural coloring training guide (environmental friendly colouring)
- Local national tv coverage for promotional activities
- Opening of batik museum
- The opening of new batik show room 8 -7o
- Make a simple park for open space
- Street furniture: Green canopy, Council names street, benches, street lights, information board and map
- UNDIP Rural Development Summer School team in Malaysia, 2011
- Kauman Community