Renewable energy for them who lived in the mountainous area of Kamanggih, East Sumba, Indonesia. Produce 11 Kw electricity supplying one village. They also have PLTMH (Micro-hydro Power Plant) which produce bigger electricity.
|Community||Subject and object of slum upgrading|
|CODI||Giving soft loan and facilitator|
|Sripathum University||House design|
|Thammasat University||Playground and day care design|
|Action Aid||Constructing Day Care|
Planning Studio Diponegoro University Class 2008 Group 4
- There are 16 batik production centers in Pekalongan City.
- There are 96 motifs known as pekalongan traditional batik.
- Besides batik production, there are other small industry productions such as canting production village (batik maker tool) in Landungsari village.
- In term of raw material distribution such as mori (white cloth), the basic production material of batik, most of the producer bought it from another city in Central Java like Batang, Semarang, and Magelang. Some others imprted it from China. Mori factory in Pekalongan City cannot supply mori for batik producers because many of the textile company there has already gone bankrupt, and in order to stimulate it production again need a lot of money, where the local government can not provide.
- China, UEA, USA, and Europe are some export destination of pekalongan batik although the distribution still using the traditional system, where every producer sell their own product. Each company has their own export patner, there isn’t any organization that manage those export activities. Here, the local government role is conducting training and workshop to increase the number of production and giving management skills. At first, there are only 40% from the total batik producer participated in this training, now the number has been increased to 80%.
- Weather is the only problem that usually found by batik producers, because weather influencing the number of production and processes. Many producer found it difficult to create the same color as before because of unstable weather condition. So in the end it will be affected on the sales too.
- In term of technology, today, the local government of Pekalongan still trying to develop a modern machine to do plorot process in batik production process which is initially done by some high school students in Pekalongan City.
- 90% of Batik industry activities in Pekalongan city are mostly are family industries which means the management and production owned and inherit by family member.
- In case of labor, 80% of batik labors in pekalongan are taken from neighbourhood area of Pekalongan City especially from south. And the rest 20% are local labor from the
- Along with the rapid development of batik industry, a batik academy was built called batik polytechnic.
- In order to sustaining batik industry as one of important economic activity in Pekalongan, there are some strategy that coordinated by local government such as innovation in production process so the efficiency would be increased and also training program including design training. The trainer mainly comes from Jogjakarta (balai besar kerajinan batik) and some other come from Bandung.
- Business discussion held with some big company owner from pekalongan such as sutrisno bachir to develop batik industries.
- Local government effort to support batik industry accomodated by some policies such as managing batik business group, developing batik industry center, and developing distribution network by participate in some expo and exhibition. Subsidies are given to them who would like to participate in the
- Today, batik industries in Pekalongan City has bigger production compare to another popular batik production such as Solo City and Jogjakarta.
- Bang Bua located in 10 Km’s north of Bangkok
- In the past canal was the main point of trading activities in Bangkok when the king palace still in Ayuthaya
- In Bang Bua there are 3.400 people lived alongside Bang Bua Canal, they live in a low income condition
- Formerly, Bang Bua Community consist of 60 household, in 2010 become 254 household
- According to the people, Samaki Ruamjai was the first community that join Baan Mankong program, it was 16 years ago.
- Bang Bua community join Baan Mankong in 2003 and finished their program in 2010
- Then they join Baan Mangkong program for some reason,
- Bad environment (bad living standard)
- flood in monsoon season
- poor sanitation
- many crimes (drug seller), bad environment for children development
- poor access
- low sense of belonging in community
- esthetic problem
- In the beginning Bang Bua are empty space that owned by the government
- they are migrants from north east Thailand
Planning Development Process ….
- Rely on Sripathum University
- New location wasn’t far from the old location
- There are 10 groups of households, making negotiation in choosing new location
Housing Design Process
- Made By Sripathum University
- There are 3 house models : detached house, double twin house, town house
- The community built their own building, because some inhabitants works as construction workers
- Bang Bua Community have three house models (which they developed with Archarn seng from Maha Salakon University and from architecture faculty of Sripathum University)
- Physic of House
- Material of house
- Roof = asbestos, floor = ceramics (mixed color of ceramics), wall =bricks and cements
- Air circulation = most of houses only have window pane for air circulation, but several houses have their air circulation on the wall, door model = made from wood (in the outside is a metal)
- There is a garden in front of the house, the size is about 1 x 2 m
Bang Bua Houses by group 4 Planning Studio Diponegoro University Class 2008
Bang Bua Comitte
Pedestrianization or pedestrian ways development can be defined as reduction process or even removal process of cars traffic in particular street that continued with paved street development, added some street furniture and another details (Hall and Has-Klaus, 1985 in Chiquetto, 1997). Facility improvement aimed to increase accessibility and mobility of pedestrian by improving environmental attraction trough aesthetic aspect. These kinds of improvement usually do in central area with high density and integrated with commercial district.
A good pedestrian ways could reduce people dependency towards motorize vehicle, improving trips number, increasing the environmental balance, created new commercial areas, and basically improving the air quality (Shirvani, 1985). The existence of pedestrian ways has to be able to adapt with the future changes. Balance between pedestrian access and vehicle access must be reach to keep the sustainability of another activity that related with public services, but still has to concern about security factors for both sides.
Chiquetto, Sergio.1997.The Enviromental Impact from The Implementation of a Pedeztrianitation Scheme. Transport Res-D, Vol.2.2, pp.133-146.
Shirvani, Hamid.1985. The Urban Design Process. Canada Publishing Cooperation : United State of America.
Credit: Ratih Kusuma Wardhani
Credit: Risqa Hidayani
Secara singkat bedanya adalah:
Mitigasi adalah upaya menurunkan emisi gas rumah kaca sebagi respon isu-isu perubahan iklim, contohnya penggunaan sepeda sebagai moda transportasi, penghitungan emisi carbon
Adaptasi adalah upaya meningkatkan ketahanan terhadap dampak perubahan iklim, contoh: meningkatkan kualitas infrastruktur, meningkatkan kualitas pelayanan dan lain sebagainya.
KAJIAN IDENTIFIKASI SUMBER-SUMBER PENDANAAPERUBAHAN IKLIM DALAM MENDUKUNG PROGRAM PERUBAHAN IKLIM SEKTOR TRANSPORTASI 2014 BAPPENAS
Contoh gambar upaya mitigasi: